Experience comfort and luxury on our doors-on Kaua’i helicopter tour! Explore the island from our six-passenger AStar, designed for providing a smooth and safe ride with all the luxuries. Book online!
Doors-Off MD500 Tour
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Mandatory Comfort Seat: Any passengers weighing over 250 lbs and pairs weighing over a combined 400 lbs are required to purchase an additional, adjacent comfort seat to safely balance out the aircraft.
- Price does not include fuel surcharge and booking fees.
- Mandatory Additional Seat
Capture Epic Moments On Our Doors-Off Helicopter Kaua’i Tour!
Experience Kaua’i like never before with our doors-off tour. You will feel the cool breeze as you fly by Kauai’s most beautiful landscapes, ranging from waterfalls, canyons, sea cliffs, beaches, and more. There is nothing but your camera between you and the island’s most picturesque views, making it the ideal option for photographers. Thrilling yet safe, this is the tour for those seeking to add a little adventure to their visit.
Please know we always fly a full tour with all seats sold.
What You’ll See
As we fly clockwise around the island some highlights you may see include…
- Nawiliwili Harbor and the Menehune Fishpond
- Kipu Kai and the Tunnel of Trees
- Manawaiopuna Falls (Jurassic Falls) in Hanapepe Valley
- Olokele Canyon
- Waimea Canyon – the Grand Canyon of the Pacific
- Na Pali’s spectacular sea cliffs and valleys
- The North Shore beaches from Ke’e to Hanalei
- The Beautiful Bay and Valley of Hanalei
- Mt. Waialeale – The heart of Kauai’s ancient volcano
- Picturesque Wailua Falls
Our pilots will do their best to show you all Kaua’i has to offer but we cannot guarantee all highlights since flight paths are weather-dependent.
Our weight limit in place for an individual is 250 lbs and 400 lbs per pair. Weight limits include all clothing, shoes, and carry-on items. The reason why our weight limit is different for pairs is to ensure that they can be on the same flight.
All passengers weighing over 250 lbs and pairs weighing over a combined 400 lbs are required to purchase an additional adjacent seat at checkout.
The weight and balance of a helicopter are crucial to its ability to fly, so we appreciate your understanding of strictly enforcing this policy. In order to comply with FAA regulations, we will discretely weigh every passenger upon checking in.
For parties of 3-4 passengers, we require a passenger to be 150 lbs or less and no taller than 5’10” to accommodate the front middle seat. This aircraft has a front middle seat with a weight limitation of 150 lbs and a height restriction of 5’10”.
What To Wear
- For the Door-Off experience, you MUST wear shoes that are laced or strapped on. We highly recommend bringing a light jacket, preferably something waterproof for the cool and potentially misty breeze. For all tours, we recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt, pants, and comfortable shoes. For everyone’s safety, we do not allow any hats, beanies, GoPro head mounts, scarfs, turbans, or other headgear for any of our tours. These items pose a risk to everyone’s safety when boarding, flying, and deboarding.
Can I bring my children?
- For our Doors-Off tour, your child must be at least 10 years of age and must be accompanied by an adult. If you would like to fly on our doors-off tour and your child is not old enough yet, we recommend asking your hotel if they offer any babysitting or daycare services.
- We do allow you to submit a seat preference at the time of booking, however, please keep in mind we CAN NOT GUARANTEE any seat requests. The seating arrangements are made based on the weight and balance of the aircraft and are extremely pertinent to providing the safest flight possible.
What You Can Bring:
- Phone or camera (with wrist or neck strap)
- Windbreaker or jacket
- Secure shoes
What You CANNOT Bring:
- Hats, beanies, or any similar headwear
- Bags, backpacks, or purses
- Any loose items
- Selfie stick or GoPro stick longer than 12 inches
- Magnetic Gimbals (allowed with an additional strap to secure)
- Flip flops/slip on footwear
Weather Policy: With safety being our number one priority, we will only fly if current conditions allow for a safe and smooth flight. On top of that, if we feel the weather is such that it is not worth your time and money for a tour, we will not fly. Keep in mind that weather patterns vary from hour to hour on Kauai so we are constantly monitoring between and during tours. Each tour is unique and the exact path flown will vary depending on the weather. However, we don’t want a little rain to frighten you. Keep in mind that the fantastic waterfalls and rainbows for which Kauai is famous will become more abundant soon after rain.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your flight with no obligations by notifying us at least 48 hours before your tour is scheduled to depart. “No-shows” and reservations canceled within the 48-hour period before the scheduled flight time are subject to full charges.