Capture epic moments and embrace the thrill of a doors-off helicopter around Kaua’i on our full hour tour. Fly over waterfalls, canyons, cliffs, beaches, and more. Book online today!
Kauai Doors-On Helicopter Tour (AStar)
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Mandatory Comfort Seat: Any passengers weighing over 250 lbs and pairs weighing over a combined 400 lbs are required to purchase an additional, adjacent comfort seat to safely balance out the aircraft.
- Price does not include fuel surcharge and booking fees.
- Aircraft is a Airbus (previously Eurocopter) AS350B2 AStar
- 60-65 Minutes Tour
- Mandatory Additional Seat
Enjoy Comfort And Luxury On Our Doors-On Kauai Helicopter Tour!
Explore Kaua’i from the comfort of our six-passenger AStar, designed for providing a smooth and safe ride with all the luxuries. Hover near cascading waterfalls and glide through lush valleys while our skilled pilots provide informative commentary where you can learn about the geological formations, local flora and fauna, and cultural significance of various landmarks of Kauai. Capture unparalleled photos of Kauai’s diverse terrain, from the vibrant Waimea Canyon to the untouched beauty of the remote Wai’ale’ale Crater. Spot hidden gems and secret spots that can only be truly appreciated from the unique vantage point of a helicopter.
This tour is perfect for families and larger groups who wish to enjoy the jaw-dropping beauty of Kauai and have an unforgettable and enriching experience together. Since there is no age requirements for this tour, you can witness the awe in your child’s eyes as they take in Kauai’s diverse and picturesque scenery from a bird’s-eye perspective.
Look out in wonder at the stunning Na Pali Coast through our custom floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for optimal viewing without sacrificing safety. To ensure a first-class experience, our aircraft is equipped with top-of-the-line Bose noise-cancelling headphones and a plush interior. For added comfort the spacious cabin is climate controlled with air-conditioning so there is no concern of wind or rain. To maximize safety, viewing and comfort our AStar aircraft is customized with the pilot on the left-hand side of the helicopter.
At Jack Harter Helicopters safety is our top priority, and our doors-on Kauai helicopter tour adheres to the highest industry standards. Each passenger is securely harnessed by our staff, ensuring a comfortable and secure experience. So what are you waiting for? Come immerse yourself in the unparalleled beauty of the Garden Isle, as you create memories that will last a lifetime. And who better to trust than the ORIGINATORS of helicopter tours on Kauai, Jack Harter Helicopters (established in 1962).
This tour is a full 60-65 minutes and we are proud to not fly anything less. Every day we strive to honor Jack Harter’s legacy by providing the BEST helicopter experience on Kauai. You don’t want to settle for any less than 60 minutes, as this allows our pilots to give thorough and personalized commentary while taking their time to turn the helicopter so everyone on board gets to enjoy the scenic viewpoints, regardless of seating arrangements.
As we fly clockwise around the island some highlights you may see include…
- Nawiliwili Harbor and the Menehune Fishpond
- Kipu Kai and the Tunnel of Trees
- Manawaiopuna Falls (Jurassic Falls) in Hanapepe Valley
- Olokele Canyon
- Waimea Canyon – the Grand Canyon of the Pacific
- Waipo’o Falls
- Na Pali Coastline’s spectacular sea cliffs and valleys (Nu’alolo, Kalalau, Hanakoa, Open-ceiling cave, and more!)
- The North Shore beaches from Ke’e to Hanalei
- The Beautiful Bay and Valley of Hanalei
- Mt. Waialeale – The heart of Kauai’s ancient volcano
- Picturesque Wailua Falls
Our pilots will do their best to show you all Kaua’i has to offer but we cannot guarantee all highlights since flight paths are weather-dependent.
More Info on the Doors-On Helicopter tour of Kauai
Photos from Jack Harter Helicopter Tours
Our weight limit in place for an individual is 250 lbs and 400 lbs per pair. Weight limits include all clothing, shoes, and carry-on items. The reason why our weight limit is different for pairs is to ensure that they can be on the same flight.
All passengers weighing over 250 lbs and pairs weighing over a combined 400 lbs are required to purchase an additional adjacent seat at checkout.
The weight and balance of a helicopter are crucial to its ability to fly, so we appreciate your understanding of strictly enforcing this policy. In order to comply with FAA regulations, we will discretely weigh every passenger upon checking in.
Why is flying a 60 minute tour better than a 45-50 minute tour?
- We strongly believe that 60 minutes should be the minimum flight time for a helicopter tour of Kauai. Our 60-65 minute tour offers superior viewing, more opportunity for photography and video, and better value than those flown for only 45-50 minutes. It may not seem like much time on the ground but when you’re in the air, every minute counts. The extra 5, 10, or 15 minutes that we spend over Kauai’s verdant valleys, water-carved canyons, and the sculpted Na Pali Coast allow our pilots to go slower, fly lower, and spend more time at these tour highlights. It takes a minimum of 1 minute to make a full turn (safely and slowly) in a helicopter, which our pilots often do while hovering over scenic areas, to allow passengers on both sides of the helicopter opportunities for unobstructed viewing and to capture great photos/videos. Plus when broken down to cost-per-minute the value of our 60 minute tour is often more affordable than those only flown for 45-50 minutes.
What Should I Wear?
- For the Doors-On AStar Tour, we highly recommend wearing black or dark colors to reduce the glare from the windows for better photos. For all tours, we recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt, pants, and comfortable shoes. For everyone’s safety, we do not allow any hats, beanies, GoPro head mounts, scarfs, turbans, or other headgear for any of our tours. These items pose a risk to everyone’s safety when boarding, flying, and deboarding.
Can I bring my children?
- Yes! Children of all ages are permitted to fly on our Doors-On AStar tour as long as they are accompanied by an adult. You must provide your own DOT approved infant/child/booster seat as detailed by current transportation/vehicle restrictions, if applicable. If your child is under 35lbs they are required to wear a full infant life preserver, which we will provide.
- Because safety is our first priority, we must arrange seating to optimize the weight and balance of the aircraft. However, if you do have a seat preference you have the opportunity to let the staff know upon booking. We will try our best to honor those requests but please keep in mind, we cannot guarantee any seat requests.
Why is it important for the pilot to be on the left side of the helicopter?
- All of our helicopters have the pilot on the left-hand side of the aircraft. This not only enhances the customers’ experience, but increases everyones safety on board. Generally, all helicopter tours on Kauai, regardless of company, are flown in a clockwise direction around the island. Having the pilot on the left side of the helicopter allows more passengers to be on the side of the helicopter facing towards the island’s coastlines and mountains. For safety reasons, having the pilot on the left side of the aircraft keeps the pilot’s controls further away from passengers therefore avoiding any accidental contact with the controls. It also allows more room and comfort for the customer seated next to the pilot.
With safety being our number one priority, we will only fly if current conditions allow for a safe and smooth flight. On top of that, if we feel the weather is such that it is not worth your time and money for a tour, we will not fly. Keep in mind that weather patterns vary from hour to hour on Kauai so we are constantly monitoring between and during tours. Each tour is unique and the exact path flown will vary depending on the weather. However, we don’t want a little rain to frighten you. Keep in mind that the fantastic waterfalls and rainbows for which Kauai is famous will become more abundant soon after rain.
You may cancel your flight with no obligations by notifying us at least 48 hours before your tour is scheduled to depart. “No-shows” and reservations canceled within the 48-hour period before the scheduled flight time are subject to full charges.