Capture epic moments and embrace the thrill of a doors-off helicopter around Kaua’i on our one-hour tour. Fly over waterfalls, canyons, cliffs, beaches, and more. Book online today!
Doors-On AStar Tour
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Mandatory Comfort Seat: Any passengers weighing over 250 lbs and pairs weighing over a combined 400 lbs are required to purchase an additional, adjacent comfort seat to safely balance out the aircraft.
- Price does not include fuel surcharge and booking fees.
- 60-65 Minutes Tour
- Mandatory Additional Seat
- 90-95 Minutes Tour
- Mandatory Additional Seat
Enjoy Comfort And Luxury On Our Doors-On Kauai Helicopter Tour!
Explore Kaua’i from the comfort of our six-passenger AStar, designed for providing a smooth and safe ride with all the luxuries. The aircraft is equipped with top-of-the-line Bose noise-cancelling headphones and a plush interior. Our spacious air-conditioned cabin is customized with floor-to-ceiling windows for optimal viewing. Our AStar is flown with the pilot on the left-hand side of the aircraft to maximize comfort, viewing, and safety. With all these features you will feel like a celebrity while flying around beautiful Kaua’i.
- Airbus (previously Eurocopter) AS350B2 AStar
What You’ll See
As we fly clockwise around the island some highlights you may see include…
- Nawiliwili Harbor and the Menehune Fishpond
- Kipu Kai and the Tunnel of Trees
- Manawaiopuna Falls (Jurassic Falls) in Hanapepe Valley
- Olokele Canyon
- Waimea Canyon – the Grand Canyon of the Pacific
- Na Pali’s spectacular sea cliffs and valleys
- The North Shore beaches from Ke’e to Hanalei
- The Beautiful Bay and Valley of Hanalei
- Mt. Waialeale – The heart of Kauai’s ancient volcano
- Picturesque Wailua Falls
Our pilots will do their best to show you all Kaua’i has to offer but we cannot guarantee all highlights since flight paths are weather-dependent.
Our weight limit in place for an individual is 250 lbs and 400 lbs per pair. Weight limits include all clothing, shoes, and carry-on items. The reason why our weight limit is different for pairs is to ensure that they can be on the same flight.
All passengers weighing over 250 lbs and pairs weighing over a combined 400 lbs are required to purchase an additional adjacent seat at checkout.
The weight and balance of a helicopter are crucial to its ability to fly, so we appreciate your understanding of strictly enforcing this policy. In order to comply with FAA regulations, we will discretely weigh every passenger upon checking in.
What To Wear
- For the Luxury AStar tour, we highly recommend wearing black or dark colors to reduce the glare from the windows for better photos.For all tours, we recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt, pants, and comfortable shoes. For everyone’s safety, we do not allow any hats, beanies, GoPro head mounts, scarfs, turbans, or other headgear for any of our tours. These items pose a risk to everyone’s safety when boarding, flying, and deboarding.
Can I bring my children?
- Children of all ages are permitted to fly on our Luxury AStar tour (with doors) as long as they are accompanied by an adult. You must provide your own DOT approved infant/child/booster seat as detailed by current transportation/vehicle restrictions, if applicable. If your child is under 35lbs they are required to wear a full infant life preserver, which we will provide.
- We do allow you to submit a seat preference at the time of booking, however, please keep in mind we CAN NOT GUARANTEE any seat requests. The seating arrangements are made based on the weight and balance of the aircraft and are extremely pertinent to providing the safest flight possible.
What You Can Bring:
- Phone or camera (with wrist or neck strap)
- Windbreaker or jacket
- Secure shoes
What You CANNOT Bring:
- Hats, beanies, or any similar headwear
- Bags, backpacks, or purses
- Any loose items
- Selfie stick or GoPro stick longer than 12 inches
- Magnetic Gimbals (allowed with an additional strap to secure)
- Flip flops
With safety being our number one priority, we will only fly if current conditions allow for a safe and smooth flight. On top of that, if we feel the weather is such that it is not worth your time and money for a tour, we will not fly. Keep in mind that weather patterns vary from hour to hour on Kauai so we are constantly monitoring between and during tours. Each tour is unique and the exact path flown will vary depending on the weather. However, we don’t want a little rain to frighten you. Keep in mind that the fantastic waterfalls and rainbows for which Kauai is famous will become more abundant soon after rain.
You may cancel your flight with no obligations by notifying us at least 48 hours before your tour is scheduled to depart. “No-shows” and reservations canceled within the 48-hour period before the scheduled flight time are subject to full charges.